Virus Turned Into Ear Infection

Well, since Emerson’s fever was still hanging around yesterday, we decided to go back to the doctor’s office this morning to see our pediatrician/my friend, Abby. Turns out, the virus she had at the beginning of the week, caused some fluid on her ears, and now her left ear is infected, and she’s back on antibiotics again. But you know what? I’m fine with that! At this point, I’d rather her take the meds that will clear it all up, rather than her continue to just wait it out. Her temp stayed around 98/99° all day, and we’ve been given a note for her to return to school tomorrow.

While we were waiting, we pointed out all the dogs in this magazine, and she got super excited about each one of them.

After the doctor’s office visit, we went on a little field trip to Hobby Lobby. It was good to get out of the house a bit, and now we have ourselves a little craft project to work on this Saturday.

We also stopped by Growing Room to see Aunt Meggie for a bit, since she hadn’t seen Emerson since last Friday! They had some sweet loves for a few minutes, and then we went inside really quickly to say hi to her teacher, who was in the break room at that time.

Then she had mashed potatoes & oranges for lunch, and very quickly & easily fell asleep for her nap around 11:20 a.m. I got our favorite ranch chicken tacos in the Crock-Pot for dinner (all ingredients pictured below, plus frozen chicken, on low for 4-6 hours), then got cozied up in the living room and watched a few episodes of This Is Us on Hulu, while waiting for Jeff to come home from work, so we could switch places.

Emmie finally woke up from her nap around 2:15 p.m., nearly three hours later! Daddy took her on a short walk around the neighborhood, and made sure to bundle her up tight in a warm blanket. Then they played for a little bit, but baby nugget was exhausted, and ended up taking another nap from 4-5:30!

After work, I ran to Walmart for my grocery pickup order, and then headed home to work on dinner. We put the chicken taco meat on rice with corn & black beans, and ate it like burrito bowls, with cheese, salsa, & sour cream, and it was just as delicious as always.

Emmie ate really well tonight, and has been drinking really well today too. Looks like her appetite is finally getting back to normal! She also had fun playing the the bath tonight, which she hasn’t enjoyed the last few nights when she felt so bad. She drained her bottle of milk, and after loves & prayers, she curled up in her crib so sweetly.

The dishes are all washed now, with the exception of the Crock-Pot, which I just left soaking in the sink for a while. Those things make cooking dinner easier, but they’re so hard to clean sometimes! I’m just so glad my sweet baby girl is finally on the mend, and hoping that by this time tomorrow night, after two full days of antibiotics in her system, she’ll be almost back to normal!

Now, we’re going to finish watching A Man Called Ova. We listened to the audio book together earlier this year (we really liked it), and started the movie last night, but I’m such an old lady these days (#momlife), we pretty much can’t ever finish movie in just one night anymore. We’ve really liked the first half so far though (it has followed the book really well), and I’m looking forward to finishing it tonight!

Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top