Christmas Eve: Pancakes & Pajamas

For Lord only knows what reason, Emerson decided she needed to wake up at 6 a.m. today. (For the record, she wouldn’t usually sleep till 7 on a regular weekday.) So we started off our day super early. she had some milk, and then ate some Cheerios, and then we played tea party for a while, while waiting on the family to show up.

I asked Bo to bring his electric griddle, because I don’t currently have one. I had one about five years ago, and then I must have either donated, sold, or lost it at some point in our second rental house, when our kitchen was maybe the size of a walk in closet, and I had no counter space. Anyways, he brought the griddle, and we made pancakes and scrambled eggs. We even made a batch of gluten free pancakes for my sister, who has been gluten-free for almost 2 years now. My mom brought over bacon as well. Oh, and Megan and Bo brought over fresh squeezed OJ, that they made last night from oranges they were given!

And then we all had pancakes and our pajamas for Christmas Eve family breakfast! Last year we did dinner and a movie night in our pajamas at my mom’s house. Seems like we’ve started a tradition of Christmas Eve pajama parties, and I certainly don’t hate it!

Emerson went down for her first nap around 10:15, and slept for about an hour and a half. During that time we set up shop in the kitchen, and my sister gave me a haircut. (When she was a teenager, she worked at a hair salon for one of my mom’s close friends, and she taught her how to cut and color, so she still does my hair cuts for me!) Megan and Bo left right as Emerson was waking up, so that she didn’t see them and cry when they left. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon just playing and having fun around the house.

And of course we got some free Chick-fil-A sammie’s for lunch…

We’re all a little more than excited to give Emmie her new Jeep tomorrow! This is Jeep-ception. (A baby red Jeep Wrangler, inside my mom’s actual red Jeep Wrangler!)

Emerson took a second, short nap around 3:15, and then we all got showered and dressed for church. Then we loaded up to head to church for the Christmas Eve candlelight service.

Emerson did really well during most of the church service. Jeff, grandmother, and I all took turns holding her and feeding her what seemed like hundreds of Cheerios. She lasted for about 40 minutes of the hour-long service, and then her and daddy spent some time running around in the foyer out front. afterwards, we spent a few minutes catching up with a few friends who were home for the holidays, and then took a quick family photo out by the Christmas tree.

Then we headed down to Woodville to have Christmas with my dad’s side of the family. There are five children on that side of the family (three of which are only one year old), so things were crazy, chaotic, and fun!

Last year, we got a cute photo of all the baby cousins on their first Christmas.

We tried to get a photo of all five kids tonight, which we knew would be difficult, but it really did not work at all…

Oh well, maybe next year! Poor little Emmie was out past her bedtime, so right after the photos we headed home. She was extremely exhausted, and was so pitiful once we got home and were working on getting her in bed. She went down easily though, and we prayed she would sleep well, and not wake up so early tomorrow!

Jeff and I have quite a bit of wrapping to work on tonight before we can go to bed, so we’re going to go get busy on that now. Looking forward to another fun day full of family time tomorrow!

Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top