Beans for Breakfast

Emerson was happy and excited and ready for another day at East Hill Summer Camp this morning!

Jeff shortened up her bag strings a little too, so it fits her better now.

I had some extra time this morning, so we did some piggy-tails, and they looked so cute!

But unfortunately, I had extra time, because my poor baby girl was still sick, and I stayed home with her this morning. She told me around 8:30 she was hungry, so I offered a list of a few typical breakfast things, which she said “no” to all of them, and then instead told me she wanted more beans from last night. So of course I let her have beans! She then wanted mac & cheese, and some scrambled eggs, so she actually ate pretty well.

After eating, she perked up a little bit, and wanted to read books together, and even wanted to put on her Elsa costume. Between eating and reading and playing, so was in a good mood for about an hour, until she started slowing down again…

And then as I got up and got dressed myself, she quickly fell asleep on the couch.

I had planned to go into work for half a day, so I loaded her up to take to Grandmommie for her to take care of her. And of course she immediately fell asleep in the car after just a minute or two.

Eventually, Grandmommie got her to eat some salad for lunch, and a little bit of pudding too. She also got her to agree to some fresh clothes, and let her brush her hair as well for the first time in a couple of days. Then she was going to rest on the couch, and then fell asleep again.

Grammy offered to make us a simple supper at their house for when I came to pick up Addie, and that was nice not having to worry about dinner. We ate really quickly (it was really yummy), and then got back on the road home as quickly as we could, because Addie was burning up with fever again and needed her next dose of meds.

We got her meds in her right when we got home, and it took about an hour for them to kick in, until she perked up again for a few minutes, and got up to walk around the house for a little bit. Emerson was sweet and happy as always, plus very concerned about her baby sister. I did Emmie’s bedtime with her, and she was again super tired from camp, and fell asleep super fast. Addie is very tired, but just laying around listlessly, watching tv cuddled up with us on the couch.

We already have another appointment scheduled back at the pediatrician’s office first thing in the morning, and this time I’m going to make them test for just about everything possible. Her only real symptoms are fever, fatigue, lack of appetite, and just general lethargy, but she’s not snotty, or sneezing, or coughing, and she says her throat doesn’t hurt, or anything like that. But this has now been four full days of basically non-stop fever, and that just seems like too much. Praying hard for our baby girl, so that she can feel better and we can figure out what’s going on.

Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top