Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Much like her shirt implies (“the force is strong with this child”) she insisted on wearing this string of Mardi Gras beads to school this morning. And like Grammy said, some battles aren’t worth fighting, so I really didn’t even bother trying to fight this one with her, but just told her she couldn’t throw a fit if they got lost or broken!

It’s been “construction week” at school this week, and her report said that today was free-play Friday, and they all worked on building things by themselves. Emmie later told me this was a trolley, but then asked me “What’s a trolley?” So who really knows what it was 😉

Today was my last day at work before maternity leave, and it actually ended up being a super stressful, chaotic day. I even got stuck late and didn’t leave until 5:30. Luckily, Emerson had requested Daddy pick her up one day, so it was already planned in advance for him to get her today. She asked for him to bring ice water and a cookie, but he forgot. So she lucked out and got snacks from the gas station, which were obviously better than ice water and a cookie 🙂

After a stressful day at work, and to celebrate my last day for a few months, we decided to treat ourselves to dinner out, with a gift card we’ve been hanging onto for a while. I ordered a super low-carb meal (the Caesar salad was delish, but the main meal was less than impressive, like a 5 out of 10), but YOU GUYS – that cheddar bay biscuit!!! I was literally in heaven eating my one biscuit, and wishing I could make a meal out of like 12 of them. And of course it was totally worth the 16 carbs. (My dinner “budget” is 60 carbs, so I was still well under my limits.)

Emerson ordered popcorn shrimp and orange slices, and ate every. single. bite. Plus a biscuit. I was so proud of that girl.

And for her special treat tonight for going to bed good most of this week, she requested to sleep on her air mattress in the living room tonight. So Jeff will sleep on the couch with her, as they attempt this special sleeping arrangement.

It’s currently 9:22 pm, and I can still hear her chatting occasionally, so I really don’t know how exactly this going to go, since she’s usually asleep from like 8-8:30-ish. I’m going to head back to the bedroom with my protein shake and my Kindle, and probably try to go to sleep a little bit early. We have only one more Saturday to finish our chores before Addison arrives, so we’ve got lots to do tomorrow!


Scroll to Top