Emerson Meets the Triplets!

I was the first one awake this morning, so when I let the doggie out into the backyard, this beautiful sky greeted me! So I went back to the bedroom to grab my phone and snap a photo from the driveway. Cotton candy morning sky!

We all got up and got showered, and dressed, and even gave Emerson a morning bath. We put on nice clean clothes, and headed across town to go to my sister’s house. (No germs allowed!) And Emerson finally got to meet the triplets! Uncle Bo carried her inside from the car, and when we got in, Grammy, Papa, and Grandmommie were each holding a baby. Emerson kept looking around not quite knowing what to do, but then she got down and walked over to each person to see all the babies. You could tell she wasn’t quite sure what was going on, but she was definitely interested in all of them!


She seemed the most interested in Riley who was being held by Grammy, and kept going back over to her. We showed her how she could gently touch each of their little tummy’s, and she did really well with that. We made sure she was very gentle, but also that she stayed out of their faces. She was so calm, gentle, and sweet. We were all very impressed with how well she behaved, and how well she listened to our instructions.

She was also excited to see Uncle Bo and Aunt Meggie for the first time in a couple of weeks!

We knew that we wanted to get a picture of Emerson with all of the triplets, we just weren’t sure how to do it. So after some discussion we figured out the logistics, and we all worked to set it up. This first photo is the behind-the-scenes with Uncle Bo and Daddy getting everything set up. Immediately after this, Bo backed up, Jeff ducked.down super fast behind the couch, and I swooped in with my phone to snap as many photos and videos as I could while everyone was being still, quiet, and sweet. We had told Emerson to sit very still, and not touch them, and you can tell from her little arms that she listened to what we told her. She was so precious with those little girls, and everyone did so well. All of our hearts were exploding!

Riley Lynn.

Kensley Hope.

Ellie Grace.

My arms and my heart were both so full!

After hanging out there for just a little bit, Grandmother had to head back home, and Jeff went back to help our family friend move into her condo today. I stayed to hold babies a little bit longer, and Papa took Emerson for a ride in the Jeep to go shopping at Walmart. That little girl just loves riding in the Jeep for some reason! I came and met them about 30 minutes later, and she was being such a big helper, by just tossing things in the buggy after Papa handed them to her.

But then she wanted to walk, and that turned into helping me push the buggy.

On the way home, since I was coming from the Mahan Walmart back to my side of town off of West Tennessee, I just drove all the way down Highway 90. And like an idiot, I forgot today was Springtime Tallahassee, and got stuck in parade traffic at Monroe Street! After sitting still, stuck in the middle of cars for a bit, I was able to weasel my way out, and do a u-turn in the middle of the street, to backtrack and take a different route home. It took me about twice as long as usual, but we did eventually make it home, and I found this girl passed out in the back seat! (She is always such a sweaty little sleeper.) Luckily, I was able to lay her down right away in the crib, and she went right to sleep.

After a nice nap, she woke up and had lunch! (She doesn’t mind leftovers, when there’s noodles involved.)

Then her and I played around the house for a bit… (Can you even with these giant blue eyes?!)

And then walked around the front yard for a bit…

And then late this afternoon (once the parade was long gone) Daddy met us at the downtown library. We had a bunch of books to return (and surprisingly none to pick up), so we took them all in a tote bag, and Emmie wanted to carry it around in there for a bit.

We stopped for some $2 happy hour iced coffees from Dunkin Donuts, and then went to Kohl’s to look for Easter dresses. I didn’t end up finding a dress, but I did force myself to get some new bras, which I desperately needed. (I just hate bra shopping, and bra trying-on, so I usually avoid it for wayyy too long.)

(And yes, I let her have some of my coffee, don’t judge me.)

When we got home, it was just too nice to come inside, so we didn’t! I showed her how to pull some weeds out of the cracks in our driveway, and she was fascinated with that for a bit. Then we had to pull out the chalk, which is one of her favorite things right now.

while I got dinner ready, Jeff set up the hammock in the front yard, and he and Emerson stayed outside for a little while longer.

Now that all the babies are home from the hospital, my mom set up a “Take Them a Meal” list for people to bring food for Megan and Bo over the next month. So I signed up to bring them Crock-Pot chicken tacos with yellow rice tomorrow night. I had already planned on making it today, refrigerating it overnight, and taking it to them early tomorrow afternoon, so that they can heat it up whenever they’re ready to eat. But then at the last minute today, I decided to go ahead and make a double batch, so that we could have enough for our dinner tonight as well. Which was definitely a great idea on my part, if I do say so myself.

And then after dinner, since it was still just such a beautiful day, we couldn’t resist all going back outside to hang out in the front yard for a little while longer before Emerson’s bedtime. Jeff hung out in the hammock, and I brought out our outdoor blanket, and Emerson went back and forth between the two of us, then she decided she wanted to try to wrap herself up like a burrito in the blanket we were laying on, so I went inside to get a quilt for her to wrap up in, but she’s still just wanted to wrap up in the watermelon blanket.

I got Emmie dressed in her jammies, and did all of our normal night time things, then Jeff read her books and put her to sleep. While he did that, I put away all the food, and got everything all packaged up to take to Megan and Bo tomorrow. I also bought them cans of black beans and corn, gluten free (Meg is GF) corn taco shells, and all the fixin’s to go with it.

This was such an exciting, busy, great day. We got a lot of time with our family (extended, and just us three), and Emerson finally got to meet her baby cousins. Honestly, I was a little bit nervous about how the meeting would go, and even felt a little bit of pressure, since so many other people were waiting to see the meeting too! But it went really well, and I was so proud of Emerson, and she just did such a great job. She was truly fascinated with them and loved seeing them. I just can’t wait to watch these four little girls grow up together! We’re so blessed to have (most of) our family here in town with us, and so blessed to have these triplets as part of our family now!

Now it’s time to collapse on the couch and relax for a bit before bedtime.

3 thoughts on “Emerson Meets the Triplets!”

  1. Pingback: Picking Kumquats | Pullen's Cozy Corner

  2. Pingback: A Look Back at Two Thousand Nineteen | Pullen's Cozy Corner

  3. Pingback: Pedicures & Yard Work | Pullen's Cozy Corner

Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top